- Eddie Izzard: Grade the lies. Hitler saying, "We're not killing the Jews" when there's six million dead is a different thing than... lying about double-parking. There are different levels of lies.
- Christine O'Donnell: But you know what, a lie, whether it be a lie or an exaggeration, is disrespect to whoever you're exaggerating or lying to. It's not respecting reality.
- Eddie Izzard: What if Hitler comes to you in the middle of the Second World War, and says, "Do you have any Jewish people in your house?" and you do have, would you lie to him? That would be a lie. That would be disrespectful to Hitler.
- Christine O'Donnell: I believe that if I were in that situation, God would provide a way to do the right thing--
- Bill Maher: Oh, shut up. Come on.
- Christine O'Donnell: I believe that!
- Bill Maher: God is not there! Hitler's there and you're there.
- Christine O'Donnell: You never have to practise deception!
Today has seen some pretty interesting and occasionally bitchy IRC conversations, when I’ve not been out taking care of things or napping. A whole lot of ado about VN development, both in general and in specific.
Got to talk with a professional today about my anxiety issues, my stress issues, and my anger issues. Which is good since there’s a lot that worries me, stresses me out, and makes me mad. This could describe much of my family, at various times. Not to mention friends, projects, employment prospects, etc.
And now I am crushing on someone I’ve never met. Always fun. kljasdhfalsjkfas i am so derp sometimes :|
I need a hug.
Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous. A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur.
Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built. For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators’ gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.” —Ancient City Found in India, Irradiated from Atomic Blast - वेद Veda
Back in 2006, I attended an event called TOJam (Toronto Indie Games Jam) and as a result of that, I created this odd little game, where you abduct aliens and blow up the giant goats on poles defending them. I called it Alien Abduction (not realizing that another game would take the name) and it was odd yet fun (when you got around the technical issues).
Fast forward to now. I am reworking the game in XNA, and making various changes to it, such as a newer, better name, better graphics, etc. You know, the usual upgrade crap. In the meantime, I fixed some of the bugs with the old version, and tossed the repaired version on MediaFire.
Here’s a breakdown of controls:
- WASD/arrow keys: move the ship around
- Mouse pointer: aim your bolts and beams
- Left mouse button: fire laser bolts
- Right mouse button: fire abductor wave
- Esc: quit (clicking the quit button doesn’t work still)
Buildings spawn additional aliens, and the occasional polegoat. You can blow the buildings up, but you lose points for that, and there’s a good chance you’ll have to face another polegoat as well.
Anyway, try it out. It’s pretty derpy, but who knows? You might be amused by it.